What's not to love about fall (or autumn, as I prefer to call it)? From pumpkin lattes and every pumpkin baked good imaginable, to the start of football season, cozy sweaters and designer boots, caramel apples, hot cider, the beautiful colored foliage, hayrides and the crisp cooler weather, autumn is all about comfort and warmth! It's time to pull out that fleece jacket from the closet, bring that quilted blanket to the football game, and eat a big bowl of chili. Pair it with a slice of perfectly baked cornbread, smeared with butter, and drizzled with honey... OMG. It's enough to make me say, "Sayonara" to beloved summer!
Introducing Autumn Harvest Chili:
With the addition of diced organic apples and butternut squash puree, this is a perfect chili to welcome autumn.
I love that Sprouts Farmers Market has so many private label organic foods to choose from: organic tomatoes, beans, super greens, raw honey, spices, chicken stock... there are literally hundreds--- at really good prices.
This chili is:
- loaded with veggies
- amazingly delicious
- devoured by all, even toddlers
- the only chili recipe you'll need all winter
It really is that good!! It's the easiest way for me to get Babycakes and Dear Hubby to eat good-for-you things like: beet greens, bell pepper, black-eyed peas, chickpeas, and corn. You could even throw in a cup of cooked quinoa if you want, like I did in this chili.
This chili pairs perfectly with a couple of my Superfood Cornbread Muffins.
- Are you ready to embrace fall?
- Which fall flavor do you love most: pumpkin, apple, or caramel?
Autumn Harvest Chili
Autumn Harvest Chili -- the only chili recipe you need alllllll winter long!! It is packed with veggies AND even the pickiest eaters love it! // via Nosh and Nourish
- Dice the greens, bell pepper, and apple. In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute these veggies with the minced garlic for approximately 5 minutes until the bell pepper is softened.
- Remove the sauteed vegetables from the stockpot and place them in a container to save for later. Put the ground beef into the stockpot over medium heat with the Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook until all the meat is browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in the sauteed veggies that you set aside and all the remaining ingredients!
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cornbread (optional, but highly recommended!).
Yields 8 Servings